Quick FYI: This is not a library books, books you've won, or ARCs reading challenge. There are already plenty reading challenges for those specific type of books. You can find them here: A Novel Challenge.
This reading challenge has been developed specifically for FREE and LEGAL downloaded books. As many of you with e-readers know, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a few other site periodically offer FREE books for your e-reading devices.
The aim of this challenge is to grab and read those FREE and LEGAL downloads!
Here is how it works:
- Should you choose to participate in this challenge, your goal is to read at least twelve (12) legally obtained FREE e-books. While twelve is the minimum there is no maximum limit.
- Anyone can join. You don't have to be a blogger, and you don't have to live in the United States.
- Any E-Reader will work for this challenge, including: iPad, Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Sony Reader, enTourage.
- Please Note: If you don't have an e-reading device, you can still join in with Amazon's Free Kindle Reading Apps which you can download for your iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, Blackberry and more.
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. You can join at anytime.
- e-books in ANY genre count for this challenge as long as it was FREE at the time that you downloaded it.
- Every month in 2012, I will make a post for the Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge 2012 so you can link your reviews. Based on participation, monthly link ups may be combined.
- Those that link their reviews will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a different prize each month, such as an Amazon or Barnes & Noble Gift Card, a bookmark, or a GelaSkins for your e-Reader.
- If you have a blog, create a post announcing your participation in the challenge. Please include a link back to this post.
- Non bloggers: participate by linking up your profile URL from the site you plan to post your reviews on such as Goodreads, Shelfari, LibraryThing, Amazon, or Barnes & Noble.
- When you post your book review, you MUST reveal how you obtained the free & legal download. Please make your source clear.
- You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them.
- Crossovers to other reading challenges is acceptable, but ARCs/galley e-books DO NOT count. Again, this is a Reading Challenge to read as many of the FREE e-books legally offered for your e-reader. To get started, check out the Top 100 Free books on Amazon, or the Free e-books on Barnes & Noble.
- Any linked reviews that do not meet the guidelines will not be entered into the monthly drawing for the prize of the month.
- Coupon Clipper: 12 Books
- Penny Pincher: 24 Books
- Super Saver: 30+ Books
I'm participating this year as I have a good amount of FREE books on my Kindle as we speak! I'm going to aim for Coupon Clipper, but possibly even do Penny Pincher. ;)